Shortly after we got home after the failed adoption, we decided that we didn't just want to sit around and wait anymore. We decided to be proactive and put our eggs (no pun intended) into as many baskets as possible. We just want a baby, we don't care whether he/she comes through adoption or through pregnancy. So, I contacted a new doctor that one of my friends recommended to me. He has been great and we are really happy that we changed doctors. We had an unsuccessful IUI (intrauterine insemination) last month. We were pretty disappointed because I responded so well to the medication this time, as compared to two years ago. The doctor was baffled. I am getting really tired of hearing "You should be pregnant by now, we just don't know why it hasn't happened yet."
So, we decided to jump into IVF (invitrofertilization). I had surgery a month ago to prepare my body for the IVF. Then I started daily Lupron injections a week and a half ago. Lupron basically shuts down your pituitary gland to stop it from producing hormones so that we can control my body with the drugs. People were telling me to prepare for instant menopause. It really hasn't been too bad yet, I've only had a few hot flashes. Today, I had an ultrasound to clear me for my stimulation drugs. The stimulation drugs are what cause my ovaries to grow lots of follicles (hopefully). So, today I got to have three shots in my belly. Let me just say, I hate shots.
Here is a picture of all the drugs that I will take this month. So, far the side effects I've had are hot flashes and being very tired. I am also a pretty emotional person anyway, but I cry at the drop of the hat. My poor husband is going to have to deal with a crazy woman this month.

I'll go to the doctor pretty much every other day for blood work and ultrasounds to watch my follicles grow and then in about 10-12 days I'll have an egg retrieval. Then three days later I'll have an egg transfer.
I know this is a lot of information, and some of you may not find it very interesting. However, before we started this infertility business I knew nothing about any of this. I never knew what some people had to go through to have children. I just want everyone to know what we are doing.
Please pray for us. Pray that my body won't fail us again. Pray that the drugs will do what they are supposed to do. Please also continue to pray for our potential adoption. We would love to be able to experience both adoption and pregnancy as ways to grow our family.


9 comments:
Lezlie, I have been thinking about you and Scott so much lately. We'll be praying that you'll be blessed with a baby very soon whether it's one you carry or one you adopt, OR both!
Lezlie,
Just wanted you to know that my heart broke for ya'll when the adoption fell through. We will be praying and waiting for the good news! :)
Stacey Neal
ps-our oldest daughter is type 1 diabetic and gets shots all day. so, when you have to give yourself one of those nasty shots...just remember you're not alone. :)
as always, you all are in our prayers. We will hit our knees for you both. I know that the Lord has a special plan for you and I hope it happens soon! Love you guys
Lez & Scott,
You know by now where Mom and I are and you know that we will be there on the mountain top with you just as we have been in the valley of disappointment with you. Just know that we will continue to pray for God blessing in what ever form it comes................we would like to spend a significant amount of time on the mountain top with you!!!!!
Love you...........Dad
Oh Honey- I am so proud of you and Scott. I have been praying so hard for you - for whatever God has planned for you - you giving birth or getting a baby by adoption. I just know that there WILL BE a baby for you, one way or the other. I believe that God has a plan for you and Scott and all your dreams will come true. I have been checking your blog everyday hoping that you would put something on about what was going on and today it happened. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I am totally fasinated with this whole process. Please keep me up-to-date on what is happening and what is going on. I am here for you anytime you need me - to talk, to come help you, whatever. Just call me. I love you both so much.
GG
As I have from day 1, I will continue to pray the God shows you what he has in store for you very soon. I KNOW he has a plan, and I KNOW you are ready to find out what it is! I will pray exactly as you requested and will wait anxiously for the Response. Keep positive and continue to love each other -- you are definitely both loved by all your family!
Lezlie and Scott-I was so glad to see your blog. I have been anxious to hear what was happening. I KNOW how frustrating all of this has been for you. We will continue to pray for you guys and will be awaiting good news soon. Good luck!! It will all be worth it!!
We love you guys,
Aunt Carol
I don't even know where to start. I'm so proud of both of you & hope that all your prayers will be answered SOON. I'm also in awe of this entire process & i'm amazed at the love you 2 have for each other & the strength of your marriage. I know you'll make wonderful parents. Again, i'm so proud of you both. Love you much. Susan
We're praying for you both and for your baby (or babies). May God bless your womb AND adoption:-)
Post a Comment